List of active policies
Users of ctYOU.org must agree to the following terms.
Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education (ODCTE) Learning Management System (LMS) End User License Agreement (EULA)
All registered users, content developers, administrators, and or moderators of the ODCTE’s LMS are required to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) prior to developing, sharing or distributing content using the LMS. Teachers and staff who create course sites must also agree to the ctYOU.org Course Developer Agreement (below).
ODCTE’s LMS is expressly developed to deliver instructional and educational materials. This system shall not be used under this agreement by any user as a marketing tool for personal, professional or financial gain. Any individual and or entity wishing to contract with ODCTE under a separate contract or memorandum of understanding (MOU) with respects to its use of ODCTE’s LMS may contact ODCTE-CIMC directly. All EULA statements shall be enforced until a signed contract or MOU exists between parties.
ODCTE intends to provide the highest level of accessibility to our community. Therefore, any content that a member develops and shares should also be 508 compliant. Please refer to Section 508 Compliance at http://www.section508.gov/.
Misuse and Abuse:
Misuse and/or abuse of the LMS includes, but is not limited to, creating, posting, linking, sharing, and delivering content that is not educational in nature or in violation of ODCTE’s intended purpose. Any content that is inflammatory, including cyber bulling, suggestive, or pornographic is considered misuse and abuse in LMS. Any misuse or abuse of the LMS by any member may result in immediate termination of your user profile, including denied access to any content posted. Further any school or agency policies breached may be enforced upon their notification of such conduct. If any violation is deemed illegal, appropriate authorities will be immediately notified.
Copyright and Fair Use:
ODCTE requires its staff, instructors and students to abide by copyright and intellectual proper laws (including but not limited to including the U.S. Copyright Act, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and the TEACH Act) when posting images, text and multimedia resources to enhance teaching and learning.
CIMC Curriculum Copyright:
All CIMC materials and curriculum are copyrighted by the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education, Curriculum and Instructional Materials Center (CIMC). All rights reserved. CIMC publications, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form including photographic, electrostatic, mechanical, or any other methods for any use including information storage and retrieval, without written permission from the CIMC. This also includes file sharing and digital file distribution via ctYOU.org or any other means to individuals or organizations who did not originally purchase CIMC’s materials.
The Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information contained in any linked site. Our intent is to simply provide a list of sites that we feel may be useful to you. Some of the links presented here are commercial sites. We neither endorse these sites nor their products, and we do not request or accept any fee for inclusion on this list.
The ODCTE makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the document, or any part thereof, including any warranties of title, non infringement of copyright or patent rights of others, merchantability, or fitness or suitability for any purpose.
Equal Opportunity/Non Discrimination Statement:
The Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, or veteran status. Inquiries concerning application of this policy may be referred to the ODCTE Compliance Coordinator, 1500 W. 7th Ave. Stillwater, OK 74074-4364, or call 800-522-5810 or 405-377-2000.
ctYOU.org Course Developer Agreement
As a teacher or staff member who sets up and maintains a course site, I understand that:
- I am responsible for backing up (using the Moodle course backup tool) the course's "gradebook" (student database) onto my PC's hard drive, or other electronic media. I understand that should back up the gradebook after administering each major test and at the conclusion of the class.
- I am responsible for "resetting" the course (cleaning student data out), and then making and saving a clean copy of the course at each course session.
- I am responsible for obtaining permission to use all copyrighted materials in my ctYOU.org course, and I agree to pay for the use of such materials, if necessary.
- I will ensure my course content complies with current accessibility requirements, including posting transcripts of audio and video files and SCORM packets.
- Posting copyrighted materials on this or any other server without written permission, even if it is hidden from public view and for my own personal use, violates copyright laws.
- CIMC curriculum materials are copyrighted and may not be shared or redistributed on ctYOU.org or by any other means to other teachers without written permission.
- I understand ctYOU.org cannot stream video. I will not save video files to my courses. Instead, I will post videos to a streaming service, such as YouTube, and then link to them.
- If I need to post large files, such as large PowerPoints or SCORM packages, I will first notify ctYOU.org support staff.
- I will inform students they need to remove and/or save files they uploaded to ctYOU.org within one week after the completion of their course.
- I will inform my students they must practice good online citizenship or risk having their user rights revoked.
- I understand that course sites are for educational or training purposes only and should not be used for profit.
- I understand that course sites showing no activity within an 18-month period will be considered abandoned and may be deleted from the server.
- I understand that users who have not logged in for more than 18 months are periodically removed from ctYOU.org and associated data may be lost.